This is my 300th post ... Maybe it isn't that much for nearly four years of blogging, but I never thought I'd get as far as I did. I'm willing to debate quality, though :-) Anyway, this is not only my 300th post, it's also the last post I'm writing here, as we have our last boxes packed and are about to move to another city on Saturday. 450 kilometers away from where I live right now. It's a big thing for me and a new start in many ways. If it changes anything for my blogging, it'll be that I (still) aim to focus on finishing what I started (the politician in me wants me to write "what I started this year" ... the lazy bastard). So this is a little outlook of what's happening here at the Disoriented Ranger:
- It's most likely that for the next few weeks the blog will go dark because that's how long it'll take to get Internet at the new place, so nothing will happen (yeah, sorry, that's me trying to be funny again ...).
- Lost Songs of the Nibelungs will get some more love in the near future. Level advancement is done and tested, combat and core rules are streamlined, there's much to talk about.
- BASTARD! should be done this year (I have a plan ...). The testing we could do for now makes me confident that it'll be a short and easy system, but I aim to produce results before writing more about it (what I can say right now is that combat works better than it should and players are hesitant to owe dice). Here is a sneak peek of a little adventure location I'm working on for the game (it's the ruins of a mansion, ground floor is in the middle):
- The Goblintribe Simulator is the next thing after finishing BASTARD!, maybe even this year (and before Lost Songs).
- I'll make a cleaner version of the Bare-Knuckle Fighter and Pub Brawl mini dice-games (they work and people actually playing them had, as rumors go, a good time).
- Reading the Nibelunglied will go on soon.
- More of the usual. I think I should post more often, maybe some reviews of books, tv shows and rpg material or something. There's so much good stuff out there ...
But now I have to get back to packing and organizing stuff before we hit the road tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to post something the next 2 to 3 weeks, but don't hold your breath. It'll give me time to prepare some of the things above behind the scenes.
So, thank you for reading and see you on the other side!