Monday, November 7, 2011

For Starters

So this is going to be another blog about OD&D and it's iterations (plus some other rpg-stuff I've been thinking about).

I'm late to the party, but I like D&D for a long time now. Didn't like the development of the game, though. To be honest, I was a fanboy of all things 3rd Edition. Alas, when I finally started to play the game, we didn't get along very well. After that I fell in love with Hackmaster 4th Edition and, consequently, with AD&D. We played that a lot and I still have fond memories of the game. When the Old School Renaissance (OSR) hit the imternet. I discovered the possibilities and have been following and tinkering ever since.

There's already a lot of very good stuff out there and I'm not sure if I'll get even close to this kind of awesome. But I will try to contribute and play with a few ideas (more about that in the next post).

I'm a German Gamer and no native speaker, but English seems to be the way to go. My apologies for that...


Next: a little something about skills and how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.